Friday, October 26, 2012

Proper Gift Etiquette

Dear Abby,

I work for this amazing guy. I'll call him G. I love working for him, and I really feel like I owe him everything, but he did something kind of strange the other day and I'm not sure what to do.

G sent one of my colleagues to my house to have sex with me. I said I didn't want to, but he hit me several times  and then had sex with me anyway. The whole business hurt a lot and was very upsetting. I talked to a friend about this, but since I got pregnant from the event, my friend says that I must have wanted to have sex with my colleague after all or I wouldn't have gotten pregnant.

I asked why G did this and was told by someone who says they were at the meeting that G thought I was doing a good job and he wanted to do something really nice for me, so he got me a baby.

The thing is, I already have two young children with my husband. We weren't planning on having any more just yet, so this gift is a bit ill-timed. Also, if G wanted me to have another baby, I don't understand why he didn't send my husband to have sex with me, since I do that willingly.

I don't want to be ungrateful after everything that G has done for me.  He has given me a number of gifts over the years, but this is the first one that landed me in the hospital. Honestly, it really doesn't sound like him at all, but this other person claims to know all about it.

What do you think, Abby? Did G really send this person to forcibly impregnate me against my wishes as a gift, or is the person who told me that just trying to make themselves look important? 

No comments:

Post a Comment